Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Phoenix Symphony

What the heck did I do the whole time I was pregnant?  I don't remember.  I know I didn't paint much.  I did get to draw a lot.  My friend and photographer extraordinare, Jared Platt, asked me to help him with a project for the Phoenix Symphony.  He took photographs of the musicians and I made ink drawings to float in the backgrounds.  I love drawing and enjoyed the challenge of coming up with images to match the music and that would work with the figures in the foreground.  I used a calligraphy nib and india ink on parchment paper, then added some inky washes.  Here are some examples of the drawings and a finished product currently being used on the Phoenix Sympony's website.


(He's way cuter than the drawings)

1 comment:

saA said...

I wanted lots of the information, Opt for extremely enjoyed reading, We end up needing addiitional material regarding it, simply because it is certainly quite good., Ok bye for expressing. iolo System Mechanic