Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday Drawings

Enjoy God's Creations
 I love General Conference weekend.  We spent sweet time together as a family, I made spelt-kamut bread from whole grains, we got a 100-gallon water barrel (bring on the disaster, we're good for at least two, maybe three weeks), I had lots of time to draw, and was spiritually fed.  A wonderful weekend... that isn't going to end because my kids are out of school for fall break!  Woot woot, party time.  First, Halloween decorations.  Second, camping trip.  Third, get ready for sister and nieces to come.  
Oh, that I were an angel
My favorite talk was by President Uchtdorf.  He talked about finding our "optimum speed," which probably means slowing down.  There is so much I want to do, accomplish, and be good at.  I just can't fit it all in.  He quoted Da Vinci, "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."  Sometimes we have to forgo good things in order to obtain better things.  Our self-worth ought not equal the length of our to-do list.  I needed to hear all of that, to better place everything in my life into proper perspective.  Love equals time spent with family, which is my highest priority and the key to harmony in the home.  President Monson shared a wonderful message about being grateful.  I have so much to be grateful for, I can hardly stand it.  So, I will try to "walk with gratitude."  

No comments: