Friday, April 10, 2009

Nurture and Endure

 This is my final installation as the painting has been finished for a week and I'm antsy to show you and get on with all the other stuff I've been doing. A garden was mentioned in the comments on what would you put on your skirt. I used it to express nurturing, which I feel like I am constantly needing tap into kindness and selflessness to do. The tree is symbolizing family history.  And, the bees/wasp nest, of course, are about hard work.  One last thing, the landscape has an uphill climb which could represent endurance as we work hard to become better at all we do.  

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! The symbolism is so neat and totally works! I love the focus on the home, etc. Seems like the visiting teaching messages and my YW lessons have all been about this - our divine potential and the influence we have in our homes. Anyhow, I've been keeping track of your blog:) We think your pieces are so great...and have looked wondering if we ever can buy one, which one we'd choose...but now this is my FAVORITE! So cool...maybe I'll get to the museum in sl to see it! How cool!