Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Desert Flower

We just got back from camping by the beach at Santa Cruz, California. Sigh. I really love the ocean. I have previously thought I was meant to live near water. Thought I needed the humidity, vegetation, and all the smells that go with it. On this trip, I found myself craving the hot, dry air of the desert. Longing to return home where I could bake in the sun and get satisfactorily dried out. This caught me by surprise. Perhaps I was wrong and I was built to bask in the desert sun all along.

3 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

I am so jealous! But you guys missed some good rain days here. Thursday, Friday and Saturday!
je t'aime cest, um sweatshirt. :)

ducklips said...

Your beach camping sounds like so much fun. I often think that I am meant to live by the ocean whenever I am near it. Then when I get home I love being here. I think someday I will spend my summers somewhere near the water and my winters here in the desert.

megan said...

sounds like a lot of fun. home is always nice to come home to though